[mpich-discuss] about tracing MPI-IO calls

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 23 16:08:57 CDT 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 12:22:44PM +0530, Kaveri Zanje wrote:
> We are designing the ADIO for new PFS of our organization, for that we need
> to study the all hierarchy , we have seen the graph of call by a.out using
> valgrind tool but it was by elf . we want to see it while running program
> what we can see in gdb for c programe.
> All Function call, how and what parameter it pass from MPI-io calls to ADIO
> etc.
> How can I do it?

I think you're going to be better served just by inspecting the source
code.  It all lives under src/mpi/romio.

Something like cscope will prove invaluable.

The only tricky part is that there are tables of function pointers to
select file-system specific routines (or use generics if appropriate).

Also, consult src/mpi/romio/doc/source-guide.tex which is incomplete
but still provides a ton of information about the source code layout
and ROMIO features you may want to be mindful of in your ADIO
implementation.

==rob

--
Rob Latham