[mpich-discuss] two failed tests for mpich 1.3.2p1

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 23 12:26:38 CDT 2011

On May 20, 2011, at 5:15 PM CDT, suffian wrote:

> Hi. My configuration failed 2 of 613 tests for the "make testing" test suite. I'm guessing this is probably a bug with the latest release and my system rather than a problem with my make procedure, so I'm sending you the
> configure and make results in case you guys want to figure it out.

Don't worry too much about those two particular tests failing ("pt2pt/large_messages" and "perf/transp-datatype").  The former sends very large messages, larger than 2GiB, and can easily run past the default timeout on some platforms depending numerous aspects of the platform.  The latter test compares hand-coded data movement operations to MPI_Datatype-based data movement and is sensitive to a noisy system and certain compiler optimizations.

Thanks for letting us know.

-Dave