[mpich-discuss] reading Ascii files using parallel I/o

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Mon May 23 08:55:05 CDT 2011

Sreenivas,

Note using binary IO tends to be faster as it takes less space for the same amount of data.

You may also want to look at the hdf5/*-parallel modules on Nyx/Flux on campus. I find using hdf5 parallel IO to be simpler and more interoperable (modifiable and readable in matlab/idl with little effort) than invoking MPI-IO directly.

Just my own $0.02 others with more parallel IO experience may have other input.

Brock Palen
www.umich.edu/~brockp
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp at umich.edu