[mpich-discuss] questions

姚远志 yaoyuanzhi at qq.com
Thu May 12 13:44:13 CDT 2011

Dear Sir;

 My name is yao yuanzhi,an engineer of a acedemic institute of China.now I have some special requirments in using MPICH. But I face up some trouble:

 1. I want my software to call some prccesses to meet my computing requirments, so I choose SPAWN(). In your user guide, you said the parent proc should be lanuched by mpiexec. If my software call the SPAWN() function, so my software should be run by mpiexec. But I tried several times, it runs well without mpiexec. In your guide you said that style is not full support, So I was worry about if that may cause some error.
 Could you explain that the meaning of "not fully support" ,in other words ,I want to kown, in what situation the error will be caused?
 Or maybe I should lanched the whole software by mpiexec!?

 2.I want to see the source code of the MPICH2,so I download the "mpich2-1.3.2p1.tar"  , Certainly I follow the guide of yours "windowsdeveloperguide" but failed. My IDE is VS2005, but yours are 2003, so does that error caused by the difference of IDE?
 And then I open the "mpich2.sln",when I build the project for example "mpich2", the error emerged,like"
  Cannot open include file: 'romioconf.h': No such file or directory "
  Cannot open include file: 'mpichconf.h': No such file or directory
 I don't know why!  Also some of the file in your project I can't open.

 Thank you very much for your time and consideration.Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

 best

 Yuanzhi Yao