[mpich-discuss] how to make the hosts files

Mandar Gurav mandarwce at gmail.com
Thu May 12 05:09:06 CDT 2011

Ohhh!

You are running your job on a single machine! Just forget about the
machinefile and all. Just execute

"mpiexec -np 2 ./a.out"

that's it.

The machinefile or hosts file is required when you have 2(or more)
machines with mpi installed on both machines and you want to run a
single program the spawns across the two machines.

-- Mandar Gurav

--
Mandar Gurav
http://www.mandargurav.org