[mpich-discuss] Errors in installation of MPICH2 in Cygwin

Luo, Haibiao luohb at newdimchina.com
Thu Mar 31 02:33:50 CDT 2011

Thanks for the reply, Rajeev. The post you referred to links to some Cygwin
snapshots that does not say how to do to fix the problem. I'm running the
latest Cygwin 1.7.8. Then I tried openMPI-1.4.3 but also ran into similar
issues: /bin/sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable. My search found out
that people have successfully installed MPICH2-1.3.1 on Cygwin-1.7.7. Both
are older versions. I'm downloading them now. If succeeded, I'll let you
know.