[mpich-discuss] 回复: MPICH mpiexec can't run if you install matlab

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 21 10:31:03 CDT 2011

Hi,
 Did you have any issues while installing MPICH2 ? The SMPD passphrase is specified during the installation step (a default SMPD passphrase, "behappy", is also provided during install). So if your installation was successful it is unlikely that you get prompted for "passphrase for SMPD" .
 I would recommend the following,

1) Uninstall your existing version of MPICH2.
2) Open an administrator command prompt by Right-clicking on the command prompt icon and selecting "Run as administrator" (Note that opening a command prompt from admin account DOES NOT give you an admin command prompt).

3) From within the administrator command prompt install MPICH2 using the msiexec utility (Type "msiexec /i mpich2-1.3.3rc1-win-x86-64.msi" from the admin command prompt).
4) The command above should bring up the installer GUI that will guide you through the installation process.

 After installing MPICH2 using the steps above try the "-localroot" option.

-Jayesh