[mpich-discuss] MPI & other parallel program modelling?

Eugene N neverov.biks.07.1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 11:25:18 CST 2011

Hello

I have a rather interesting question, I am afraid it can seem a bit off
topic, but still, i will dare to mention it.

How do you guys do all the modelling buisness? Before actually getting dirty
with mpi code.

As far as can see, UML is not very feature-rich parallel-wise.

Is there some notation (or UML subset) thats good to work with, in order to
create a general
layout of the system?

You know, i mean something apart from class diagram (wich is quite
all-purpose).

What is the best notation to show all components and how they interact
(messages)??

How do professionals do it? Any advice greatly welcomed!

Thanks

Eugene