[mpich-discuss] MPICH22-1.3.2p1 missing mpd

Mandar Gurav mandarwce at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 06:40:42 CST 2011

You need not worry about it. Just run the mpi program as usual. MPD is
no longer used. Instead Hydra process manager is used. Here, you can
directly run your program without bothering about MPD and all.
Just fire your job with

mpiexec -np 5 ./program

Mandar Gurav

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Prashantha
<prashantha.hebbar at manipal.edu> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I have installed MPICH2-1.3.2p1 in ubuntu 10.04 and found mpd demon is
> missing in bin directory. Hence, I would like to know, whether it is not
> essential to have mpd with this version of mpich2 or something else I have
> to do to get it?
>
> Thanking you in anticipation.
>
> Regards,
>
> prashantha