[mpich-discuss] Problems with the newest version on Windows with GCC

孔涛 hawk_kongtao at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Mar 7 11:30:29 CST 2011

Hello, every MPICH2 user, I knock into some problems with the newest version of
MPICH2(mpich2-1.3.2p1-win-ia32) and MinGW(GCC v4.5.2) on my win7 platform.

After setting the correct path of MPICH2\include and MPICH2\lib of the gcc
parameter, I compile the simplest test program written by c/c++, but I gain the
following error:

D:\MathProgF\MPICH2\lib/libmpi.a: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
------

I don't know why. It works well if you just compile not build, with the '-c'
parameter of gcc.

Is it because that the file 'libmpi.a' exists some bugs? or sth else. How to fix
it? Thank you!