[mpich-discuss] A question when configure

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Mar 4 11:31:25 CST 2011

Anthony Chan wrote:
> environment variable F90 is replaced by FC, so you don't need to set
> F90.  Is ifort found in your PATH ?  If not, you need to set F77 and FC
> to full path of ifort.  If that still does not work, send us your configure
> output, c.txt, as stated in the README as well as the top level config.log
> (which is generated automatically when configure is executed) ?
>
> A.Chan

Hi ZuiBeiDeMei

If you do 'which ifort' what do you get?

You may not have set the ifort environment properly.
This is done sourcing a shell script on the Intel directories (search
their bin directory) called ifortvars.sh or ifortvars.csh (depending on
the shell you use, it looks like it is bash, so use ".sh"):
source /path/to/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh (or similar).
Or look at the Intel documentation, for more detail.

You can source them inside your .bashrc.
The 'export FC=ifort', etc,  only doesn't do the whole job.

I hope it helps,
Gus Correa