[mpich-discuss] SIGUSR1 used even with --disable-chekpointing

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 1 13:41:50 CST 2011

Hi Eugene,

I've created a ticket for this.  You can add yourself to the cc list if you're interested in tracking it.
    https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/ticket/1449

The sigusr1 handler is sent by the hydra process manager to the MPICH library to notify it that a process has failed.  We'll make the installation of the signal handler conditional on whether fault-tolerance features are enabled.  In the mean time, if you're not using the fault-tolerence features, you can remove the line installing the signal handler in src/mpid/ch3/channels/nemesis/src/ch3_progress.c around line 809, then rebuild and reinstall (you might have to do a make clean first to make sure the file gets rebuilt properly).

-d