[mpich-discuss] Run an executable file on several windows computers

Ramin Mousavi s.raminmousavi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 02:34:29 CST 2011

Dear all

I have installed "* mpich2-1.3.2p1-win-ia32.msi* " of MPI on my PC and I`m
trying to run a "* windows parallel executable version *" of "*Lammps
Molecular dynamics Simulator* " (*lmp_win_mpi.exe* ) on two or three windows
computers i.e. 4 or 6 number of processors.

Now, I am able to run this executable file on my multiprocessor CPU by
coping "*mpiexec.exe*" and "*smpd.exe*" to the directory which the
executable file (*lmp_win_mpi.exe*) exists and try *this command* through
the Command prompt :
 "*mpiexec -np 2 -localonly lmp_win_mpi.exe -in Input_Water.in*" and it
always works successfully!

Now my question is , How can I use , Multi processors CPUs of other
computers  to run this executable file and reduce total time of running, I`m
Sorry but I`m *absolutely* New at Parallel Computations and Network !!!
Your Considerations will be appreciated ;)

--
Ramin Mousavi

--
Ramin Mousavi