[mpich-discuss] mpi_barrier() failed

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 29 12:08:07 CDT 2011

Hi,
 Can you create a ticket regarding the issue (https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2)? Please also upload a sample program (source code) that shows the issue.

Regards,
Jayesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "王凯" <yogikai at 163.com>
To: "mpich-discuss" <mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:36:39 PM
Subject: [mpich-discuss] mpi_barrier() failed

Hi!
I have two computer in the MPI program, and I use the function mpi_barrier(MPI_COMM_WORLD) to synchronize the two process on the two computer.
One of the process is running more slower than the other one because two different GPUs is on the two computer, and this means that one process has to wait for a long time(about several minutes). The error information is:
--PMPI_Barrier(425): MPI_Barrier(MPI_COMM_WORLD) failed
--MPIR_BARRIER_impl(331): Failure during collective
--gen_cnting_fail_handler(1738): connect failed-The semaphore timeout period has expired.
My MPI version is 1.3.2 p1-win-x86-64 and my OS is windows server 2008R2.

Email: yogikai at 163.com
Address: Room 921, Automation Building,
No. 95 Zhongguancun East Road,
Haidian District, Beijing 100190, China
Cell Phone:15210370340
The State Key Laboratory for Intelligent Control and Management of Complex Systems
Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences