[mpich-discuss] MPI_Barrier() failed

王凯 yogikai at 163.com
Tue Jun 28 21:11:08 CDT 2011

Hi!
I have two computer in the MPI program, and I use the function mpi_barrier(MPI_COMM_WORLD) to synchronize the two process on the two computer.
One of the process is running more slower than the other one because two different GPUs is on the two computer. I got "fatal error in PMPI_Barrier" and "connect failed--the semaphore timeout period has expired".
Is there a time limitation in the mpi_barrier()?

Email:    yogikai at 163.com
Address: Room 921, Automation Building,
No. 95 Zhongguancun East Road,
Haidian District, Beijing 100190, China
Cell Phone:15210370340
The State Key Laboratory for Intelligent Control and Management of Complex Systems
Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences