[mpich-discuss] Would it be possible to get some response? Thank you. FW: SMPD not working

Jose Pascual-Gutierrez Jose.Pascual-Gutierr at 1-act.com
Wed Jun 22 10:10:11 CDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Pascual-Gutierrez
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 8:51 AM
To: 'mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov'
Subject: SMPD not working

I have a Windows machine running Windows 7. The processor is an Intel(R)
Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 GHz.

I installed a Linux terminal emulator, namely Red Hat Cygwin, which
opens a bash shell. Inside Red Hat Cygwin, I installed mpich2-1.3.2p1.
MPICH2 was configured with the option "--with-pm=smpd", since Hydra does
not work on a Windows box, even under Cygwin. Before running any job I
execute "smpd -s" to start the smpd deamons. I ran "make testing" and I
got the following error messages for all MPI functions tested (bcast
given as an example):

Unexpected output in bcasttest: Connect() failed, sock_set->id = 0,
sock_id =0, errno = 1(Operation not permitted) Unexpected output in
bcasttest:
Unexpected output in bcasttest: mpiexec terminated job due to 180 second
timeout.
Program bcasttest exited without No Errors

It seems that the process manager interface is not working properly.

Any suggestions?
Thank you very much.