[mpich-discuss] download links are broken

Gao,Fei fgao at uchc.edu
Fri Jun 17 10:29:07 CDT 2011

Hi Pavan,

I did try to build from source. I saw the instructions and I also saw Visual Studio solution file.  I tried the following:

1.  I directly opened Visual Studio solution file and built it but I got huge set of errors.  Most complained about missing mpi.h. I guess I had to follow the instructions and generate missing include files. So I did next.
2. I tried to follow the instructions and failed at step (c) maint/updatefiles.  Here is the error that I got.

Generating parameter handling code... Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at ./maint/genparams line 88.
failed
===> ERROR:   unable to generate parameter handling code

You see building mpich2 is not my intention and I need to build something else that needs mpich2. I think I will wait for the binaries.

Thanks,
Fei