[mpich-discuss] openmpi query

Gustavo Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Sat Jun 4 13:31:35 CDT 2011

Hi Sheetal

You sent the message to the wrong list (MPICH).
Your question is about Open MPI, so you should try the Open MPI list.

In any case, you need to add the "lib" directory of your OpenMPI installation
to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
If you use [t]csh, add this to your .cshrc or .tcshrc file (home directory)

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /your/path/to/openmpi/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

If you use sh or bash, add this to your .profile or .bashrc:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/your/path/to/openmpi/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

Check the Open MPI web site for their mailing lists and for their FAQ.
There is one FAQ that explains exactly what I wrote above.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa