[mpich-discuss] Fatal error in MPI_Init

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 28 15:59:22 CST 2011

Hi,
 It looks like the adapter (driver) does not allow creating TCP/IP sockets (There is no service provided for TCP/IP).
 The next version of MPICH2 on Windows will have a Network Direct module that should allow you to run your application over Infiniband. I don't know when the next version will be out (~ 1-2 months), if you need it sooner please let me know and I can provide a custom build for you.

(PS: Currently MPICH2 on Windows has support for only plain TCP/IP sockets. It does not support Winsock direct or Network Direct.)
Regards,
Jayesh