[mpich-discuss] I ca't run mpiexec

Mikhail Artemiev artemiev.mikhail at ngs.ru
Mon Jan 24 12:05:03 CST 2011

Dear all!
I am executing these steps:
1. install mpich2 from mpich2-1.3.1-win-ia32.msi
2. add to system Path string "C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin"
and reboot
3. check smpd using 'smpd -status'. it returns 'smpd
running on $hostname$'
4. go to the directory with cpi.exe and run 'mpiexec -n 3
cpi'
    It asks me to enter user credentials:
    account (domain\user) [$hostname$\$me$]: where I enter
$hostname$\$me$
    password: where I enter smpd passphrase
    (Or it is wrong user credentials?..)
5. Finally I have:
    Credentials for $hostname$\$me$ rejected connecting to
$hostname$
    Aborting: Unable to connect to $hostname$

This is my home computer and I am administrator.
My OS - Windows XP Professional sp3.

What is it necessary to do?

Many thanks
Mikhail Artemiev