[mpich-discuss] Error while connecting to host

Jonas Baltrusaitis jasius_1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 22:25:22 CST 2011

Dear all,

by risking to be very unpopular in this list I will ask a good old question: how
to solve

[01:2100]..ERROR:Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)

problem? After reading all of the related emails on this list I realized that
nobody really gave a definite answer how to fix this problem. My situation:

-administrator account
-Windows Firewall is off
-smpd -status returns smpd is runnign on Jonas-laptop
mpiexec -n 2 hostname returns jonas-laptop

everything seems to be operational, but when I try o run my job I get

[01:2100]..ERROR:Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)
[01:2880]..ERROR:Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)
[01:2100]..ERROR:Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)
[01:2100]..ERROR:Connect on sock (host=JONAS-LAPTOP 192.168.1.13 , port=1472)
failed, exhaused all end points
SMPDU_Sock_post_connect failed.

thanks

Jonas