[mpich-discuss] MPI Implementation on 1 module

Gulshan Singh sgulshan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:56:42 CST 2011

We are implementing MPI on a module of a multi-module code. We created MPI
enhanced module, created its object file and linked it with the existing
object files from other modules. The MPI enhanced modules is performing as
expected. We are also getting good speed-up for the module. But the problem
we are facing is that the slave nodes are not stopping the computation after
the MPI enhanced module work is finished. We were expecting that
MPI_FINALIZE(err) command will stop all the nodes expect the master node.

The Call MPI_FINALIZE(err) does not stop the additional processors. What is
the solution for this problem?

Gulshan