[mpich-discuss] Fwd: mpich2-1.4.1rc1 and DESTDIR behavior (in MacPorts)

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 25 16:20:27 CDT 2011

Deji, Eric, and other distro maintainers for MPICH2,

We are working on moving the entire MPICH2 build system to full rely on
autotools which have better support for DESTDIR and other settings
during install time. This will be showing up in the 1.5 release that we
are working on.

Sorry, but for the time being, you might have to go with the workaround
as doing two solutions (one for the current build system and one for the
new build system) would be a waste of time and we are really developer
bandwidth limited with the huge list of features that are being planned
for 1.5.

  -- Pavan