[mpich-discuss] Reading files in parallel in winxp with mpich2

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 22 18:42:51 CDT 2011

Hi,
 Please go through MPI-IO (http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpi/mpi-standard/mpi-report-2.0/node172.htm#Node172) for more information.

Regards,
Jayesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "TAY wee-beng" <zonexo at gmail.com>
To: "Jayesh Krishna" <jayesh at mcs.anl.gov>
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2011 4:58:36 PM
Subject: Re: [mpich-discuss] Reading files in parallel in winxp with mpich2

Hi Jayesh,

I want all the processors to read a file using:

open (unit = 1 , FILE = "body.txt" , status = "old", iostat = status(1))

read (1,fmt=*) no_body_pts

Is this why it can't work?

I tried using :

call
MPI_File_open(MPI_COMM_WORLD,"body.txt",MPI_MODE_RDONLY,MPI_INFO_NULL,fh,ierr)

But I am not sure how each process can read the contents in the file
after that?

Do I use MPI_File_read? I am not sure of the syntax.

Can you help?

Thanks alot!

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng