[mpich-discuss] configure error

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 5 11:16:08 CDT 2011

The system GCC installation and the Absoft Fortran compiler have differing default architectures that they target.  GCC is compiling for x86_64 by default, while af77 is compiling for i386 (32-bit) by default.  There are at least two fixes:

1) Set CC="gcc -arch i386" on the configure line.  This will make the two agree about 32-bit vs. 64-bit by causing both to output 32-bit code.

2) Set F77="af77 -m64" and FC="af90 -m64" on the configure line.  This will make the two agree about 32-bit vs. 64-bit by causing both to output 32-bit code.

-Dave