[mpich-discuss] questions about cpu assign in windows

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 5 10:34:09 CDT 2011

Hi,
 When your launch your MPI job, the process manager creates the MPI processes and the OS schedules these processes (By default processes are not bound to a core. The OS scheduling policy decides on it).
 You can explicitly specify the binding policy using the "-binding" option of mpiexec on Windows (Refer to Section 9.6 of the Windows developers guide available at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=docs for details).

Regards,
Jayesh