[mpich-discuss] Hydra binding questions

Jain, Rohit Rohit_Jain at mentor.com
Thu Aug 4 12:16:03 CDT 2011

Hi Pavan,

I have filed ticket for it.

I have few follow up questions.

1. We used taskset with Hydra. We are seeing about 20% slowdown with (2-1.4 Hydra + taskset) Vs (2-1.0.6 mpd + taskset) on same machine with same taskset binding. We were expecting Hydra to perform same or faster than mpd. Is that not true?

2. We are seeing relatively high system activity seen in 'top' using new mpich (with or without hydra binding). Also, user time on the cpu cores hovers around 98-99% compared to old mpich (with mpd) where is always nearly 100%. Is that expected due to new Hydra?

3) Do you have any performance benchmarks with mpd vs hydra? Above issues are hindering our plan to upgrade to Hydra.

Regards,
Rohit