[mpich-discuss] Needs help for launching fortran executable and python with mpiexec on a Linux cluster

Truong V. Khiem truongvk50 at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 3 14:58:57 CDT 2011

     Hello Dave Goodell,

     You have understood the problem. I have a CSD code linked with intel MPI and I run it with a python code
linked with MPICH2. I thought at that time that the two MPI codes are equivalent; in fact, intel MPI is
based on older version of MPICH (version 4.0 of intel is based on version 1.2 of MPICH).
      The CSD code provides almost all the intel MPI code: shared libraries, wrapper mpif90 and common
"mpif.h". It only lacks the wrapper mpicc and the common "mpi.h", needed for linking python to intelMPI.
Do I miss something? Otherwise, I have to purchase the intel MPI.