[mpich-discuss] Windows 7 pre-compiled mpich2 + application configure error

Sunil Thomas sgthomas27 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 20:38:25 CDT 2011

Hi!

   I think I've configured and installed mpich2-1.3.2p1 correctly on cygwin
(32 bit Windows
7). Separately I also installed pre-compiled binaries. They are completely
separate paths.
Would this create a conflict or errors of any kind?

   When I try to configure an application using the pre-compiled binary mpi,
I am getting
the following configure error:

/cygdrive/c/Users/sgthomas/devl/MPICH2/lib/libmpi.a: file not recognized:
File truncated
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

   Any ideas how to fix this problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--Sunil.