[mpich-discuss] mpi/errhan/defmsg.h

Jeff Hammond jhammond at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 29 23:47:35 CDT 2010

> I see it in at least three places.

Sorry, I assumed that *.txt and win* files are not compiled into
MPICH2 on Blue Gene/P, so I ignored them in my count.

> "**bufalias" is an alias to the error message you are seeing (see my grep
> above). Did you try grepping for that? MPICH2 uses aliases to make sure the
> error messages are consistent for common errors thrown by different
> functions.

I see how it works now.  It just wasn't intuitive the first time.

> But I personally don't see a reason to do that -- you are probably just
> using the same buffer for an operation that requires different buffers. What
> operation is this error occurring in?

You are correct.  I switched from DCMF to MPI collectives and
apparently only the latter cares about in-place.  See A1 commit 605
for details.

Jeff

--
Jeff Hammond