[mpich-discuss] launch failed when debugging i VS2008, 32bit application on 64 bit platform, on W7

Iris Pernille Lohmann ipl at dhigroup.com
Tue Sep 28 08:42:01 CDT 2010

Hi Jayesh!

I do not have any 'Cluster Debugger Configuration' under 'Tools'. So I searched the msdn.microsoft.com page that you referred to and eventually I uninstalled my MPICH2 installation, downloaded and installed the SDK for Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 SP1 and changed the appropriate settings in VS2008. Now I can debug! I understand that this Pack uses MPICH - is it MPICH2?

What can I have done previously, on the Vista 32 bit, to debug directly with MPICH2, using the MPI Cluster Debugger? I used VS2008 without SP1....did that have another remote debugging feature?

Thanks for all you effort and help!

Best regards,
Iris