[mpich-discuss] SGE & Hydra Problem

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 22 07:06:06 CDT 2010

----- "Ursula Winkler" <ursula.winkler at uni-graz.at> wrote:

> > Ok, just to confirm, if nodes X and Y are both in the
> $TMPDIR/machines file, you are running the qrsh command from node X to
> node Y, correct?
>
> yes

Very surprising, given that this works when used from within Hydra. Without running qrsh independently (without Hydra), it's hard to figure out what's going wrong.

Reuti: any ideas on why this is happening?

Below is something I noticed, though that might or might not be a problem.

> The cluster on which  it works:
>     SGE_RSH_COMMAND=/installadmin/sge/utilbin/lx24-amd64/rsh

This doesn't seem to be set on the cluster where mpiexec doesn't work. Is this supposed to be the case?

 -- Pavan