[mpich-discuss] Problems to run MPI and a Windows 7 64 bits computer

Hiatt, Dave M dave.m.hiatt at citi.com
Mon Sep 20 09:42:35 CDT 2010

For whatever it's worth, I'm running 1.2-1.p1 on Windows 7 x64 with no problem, compiling x64 and Win32 modes both, and the apps are running fine.  Did install the 32 bit wmpiexec, wmpiregister, and wmpiconfig from the 32 bit version.  One point to note if you've done that is to make sure you have the proper x64 version of smpd running after putting the x32 version on.  We now make sure that we install that version first, to get those utilities, and then install the x64 and run smpd -install on that, so there are not hiccups.  That mistake did bite us early on.