[mpich-discuss] Parallel jobs

Talla jtalla at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:02:35 CST 2010

Hello,

 this issue is consuming all my time with no luck.  I can submit any job
without any error message *BUT ONLY* when I am using *one* CPU, when I am
using more than one CPU, I got the error message : " *forrtl: severe (24):
end-of-file during read, unit 5, file stdin* ". I got this error line
repeated as many as the number of CPU's I am using.

Which mean that the other nodes are not doing any job here. So if you can
help me to link the other nodes so I can take advantage of all the nodes.
I have 8 PC and each one has 2 CPU (in total I have 16 CPU).

I tested the cluster using the following command: /opt/openmpi/bin/mpirun
-nolocal np 16 -machinefile machines /opt/mpi-test/bin/mpi-ring

and all the nodes can send and receive data like a charm.

Just to mention that I have Rocks Clustering software with open centOS.

The code I am using is called ABINIT and it is impeded as a plugin in a
visual software called MAPS.

Your help is really appreciated.