[mpich-discuss] openSCManger fails in Windows 7 Home Premium

John Joseph John.Joseph at utsa.edu
Mon Nov 22 10:37:09 CST 2010

Thanks so much, Jayesh.  It's working now!

My mistake is that I had thought I was working as an administrator, but wasn't really.  Your simple instruction to right click on the command prompt icon and click "Run as administrator" helped me get MPICH2 properly installed.  Next, I had to right click on the R icon on my desktop to "Run as administrator" in order to install an Rmpi package from special zip file.  And, now, in R, Rmpi is ....finally....really installed and seems to be doing everything it should.

Now, I did all this by following the complete instructions (from where to get MPICH2 to testing its installation in R with R commands) that are at the website I mention in my previous e-mail.  So, I really didn't give your instructions a thorough testing...Well, I did try all three of the steps you listed, and got no errors when I typed "msiexec / i mpich2-1.3.1-win-ia32.msi" (note that I needed a space between the "/" and the "i"), but then couldn't get it to go in R, but I might have had the path variable still improperly defined from a previous attempt, even though I had unistalled MPICH2.

Well, anyway, thanks so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.

John Joseph