[mpich-discuss] MPI run error

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 12 13:08:13 CST 2010

Hi,
 Which version of MPICH2 are you using ? The latest stable release of MPICH2 is 1.3 (http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=downloads). If you are not at the latest stable release version, please uninstall any previous versions and install the latest version.
 If upgrading to the latest version does not solve your problem please try the following,

# Check the status of the process manager, SMPD, using the command, "smpd -status"
# Try running a simple non-MPI program like hostname (mpiexec -n 2 hostname)
# Try running your job using the command, "mpiexec -n 2 lmp_win_mpi -in in.graphene"

 Let us know the results.

Regards,
Jayesh