[mpich-discuss] seek help on mpi- mpich

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 10 09:15:41 CST 2010

Hi,
 Please try the following,

1) Create a machinefile, mf.txt, with the following contents,

# XP node
192.168.33.69:1
# Vista node
192.168.33.68:1

2) Make sure helloCluster.exe is available in C:\temp on both the machines.
3) Remove any usernames registered on the machines using the "-remove" option of mpiexec ("mpiexec -remove" on both the machines) and re-register a username/password available on both the machines (same user - with the same password - should be available on both the machines) using the "-register" option of mpiexec ("mpiexec -register" on both the machines).
   Validate the username/password registered using the "-validate" option of mpiexec ("mpiexec -validate" on both the machines).
4) Try running helloCluster.exe on both machines (XP & Vista) locally (mpiexec -n 2 helloCluster.exe)
5) Try running a non-MPI program like hostname on both the machines (mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile mf.txt hostname)
6) Now try running helloCluster.exe on the cluster (mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile mf.txt c:\temp\helloCluster.exe)

 Let us know the results.

(PS: If you get an error message please copy-paste it in your email)
Regards,
Jayesh