[mpich-discuss] issue setting process-core mapping with hydra

sreeram potluri potluri at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Nov 9 17:23:43 CST 2010

Hi,

I am observing an issue when specifying process-core binding using
mpiexex.hydra. I am using the trunk version of MPICH2. When I use the
following command

../bin/mpiexec.hydra -binding user:0,1 -n 2 -f hosts ./hellow

it prints out the following error. However, the tests complete fine. I
assume it uses some preset binding.

Restrict topology cpusets to existing PU and NODE objects
Propagate offline and disallowed cpus down and up

This error does not happen with the version of hydra available here :

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/1.3/hydra-1.3.tar.gz

My hosts file is as follows:

[potluri at wci-login examples]$ cat hosts
wci37
wci37

Please suggest if I am missing something here. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sreeram Potluri