[mpich-discuss] MPI program on heterogenous MPMD

adamdan at onet.pl adamdan at onet.pl
Fri May 28 10:21:18 CDT 2010

Hi,

I can't run MPI program on xeon and itanium clusters mpich2-1.2.1p1 .

Im testing like this:
mpiexec -configfile myconfig

and myconfig:
-host x3 -np 1 program.x86_64
-host it4 -np 1 program.ia64

when program.x86_64 and program.ia64 dont use MPI everything works ok
but when they are MPI programs I get:

[cli_0]: got unexpected response to put :cmd=unparseable_msg rc=-1
:
[cli_0]: aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(283): Initialization failed
MPIDD_Init(98).......: channel initialization failed
MPIDI_CH3_Init(176)..: generic failure with errno = 336068751
(unknown)(): Other MPI error
rank 0 in job 45  gondor_48526   caused collective abort of all ranks
exit status of rank 0: killed by signal 9

I have also tried mpich2-1.3a2 with hydra process manager
and "mpiexec -configfile myconfig" runs ok with MPI but without
heterogeneity (both program compiled for the same arch)

Is it possible to run heterogenous programs with hydra or how can I run MPMD
MPI program
on mpich2-1.2.1p1?

Regards,
Adam