[mpich-discuss] try to install MPICH2 on SGI under local account

Mei, Rui rum06003 at engr.uconn.edu
Sun May 23 18:02:13 CDT 2010

Hi, all,

I am trying to install MPICH2-1.2.1 under my local directory on SGI machine with system information"Linux linuxAltix 2.6.5-7.252-sn2 #1 SMP Tue Feb 14 11:11:04 UTC 2006 ia64 ia64 ia64 GNU/Linux" since I do not have the adminstratior access.

Here is the last portion of message after I executed " ./configure --prefix=/home/you/mpich2-install 2>&1 | tee c.txt"

checking for OpenPA atomic primitive availability... no
configure: error:
The nemesis channel was selected yet no native atomic primitives are
available on this platform.  OpenPA can emulate atomic primitives using
locks by specifying --with-atomic-primitives=no but performance will be
very poor.  This override should only be specified for correctness
testing purposes.
configure: error: ./configure failed for channels/nemesis
configure: error: Configure of src/mpid/ch3 failed!
rum06003 at linuxAltix:~/mpich2-1.2.1> make 2>&1 | tee m.txt
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I wish someone can help me to solve this problem here. Thank you very much.

Rui