[mpich-discuss] Anyone with experience setting up a ring on Win 7?

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 18 15:53:44 CDT 2010

Hi,
 The SMPD process manager does not setup a ring like mpd. So there is no need (way) to setup a ring with SMPD (the only process manager supported on windows - for now).
 Did you try turning off any firewall running on the machines ? Can you try running "smpd -status MACHINE2_NAME" from a command prompt MACHINE1 (MACHINE1 - Where you run wmpiconfigure) ?
 Meanwhile, note that you cannot run MPI jobs across 32-bit and 64-bit windows machines with MPICH2.

Regards,
Jayesh