[mpich-discuss] make fails with undefined reference VALGRIND_CHECK_MEM_IS_ADDRESSABLE

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 18 10:51:39 CDT 2010

What version of valgrind do you have installed?

I suspect that your version of valgrind is older than anything that we've tested with and is slipping between the gap of "is valgrind.h available" and "does valgrind.h work".  I can strengthen the configure test if I have an idea of what version of valgrind you have.

In the interim, the best workaround for you is probably to either remove "meminit" from your "--enable-g" arg, hack up the configure tests for valgrind so that they always fail, or delete lines 25-35 of "src/include/mpiu_valgrind.h".

-Dave