[mpich-discuss] undefined reference to MPL_env2bool, MPL_env2int, MPL_env2str, MPL_env2range

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sun May 2 14:55:21 CDT 2010

On 05/02/2010 02:52 PM, Jeff Hammond wrote:
> I am an idiot.  Because I link MPI manually (i.e. w/o compiler
> scripts), I was not getting "-lmpl".  This must be a new thing since
> previously I didn't have this issue with MPICH.

MPICH2 always depended on many other libraries (such as PVFS, MX, etc.).
However, for a very basic setup (e.g., TCP/IP communication with ROMIO
over NFS, etc.), you might have been able to get away by just linking
with libmpich.

In other words, using libmpich directly was always wrong -- now you just
get a error with more basic configure options as well. You should always
use mpicc and friends.

  -- Pavan