[mpich-discuss] Setting TCP buffer size ( P4_SOCKBUFSIZE ) in Windoze?

Rahul Mukerjee r.mukerjee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:49:33 CDT 2010

Hi,

I found out recently that increasing  the value of the parameter
P4_SOCKBUFSIZE to the maximum level allowed improves throughput
significantly (Ref: Protocol Dependent Message-Passing Performance on Linux
Clusters; Dave Turner and Xuehua Chen). Is there a way to achieve the same
result in Windoze XP / Vista?

Also, suppose I have a 10 integer / double precision arrays (each of
dimension, say, 100000) on CPU1. If I were to send this data to CPU0, which
would be faster:

1. Sending + receiving data from the 10 arrays one array at a time, OR,
2. Combining the data into one single array (dimension = 10 X 100000) and
then sending / receiving it?

Is this a general result?

Thanks.

Rahul.