[mpich-discuss] open failed for root's mpd conf

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 17 15:46:01 CDT 2010

Just to be sure, you are trying to to use a root-started mpd ring as a
regular user, correct?  If so, make sure that you have a mode 600 file
named "/etc/mpd.conf" (no leading ".") containing the secret word.

If you are trying to use a regular user-started mpd ring as a regular
user, then remove "MPD_USE_ROOT_MPD=yes" from your "~/.mpd.conf".

-Dave