[mpich-discuss] The working of mapall option on windows

Jeyapandian Kottalam JKottalam at reactiondesign.com
Wed Mar 17 10:49:31 CDT 2010

Hi

I have built my program with MPICH2 1.0.8p1 on Windows XP. My input and output files are on mapped drives. I run the program on two different Windows XP machines and get different behaviors. On one machine, I can run the program with or without the -mapall option on mpiexec. On the other machine, the program works only with the -mapall option. On both machines the drives are always mapped at the OS level. Both machines are configured identically as far as I can tell; in fact one was cloned from the other. For supporting my users, I would like to understand why it works on one machine without the -mapall option but not on the other. Where would I look for the differences in configuration?

Thanks
Kottalam