[mpich-discuss] Error while connecting to host

jayesh at mcs.anl.gov jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 11 10:05:54 CST 2010

Hi,
 Try also setting the PMI_DOMAIN value to the PMI_KVS value.
 If you just want to start your programs manually (launch processes manually) and still use SMPD as a PMI server I would recommend using the "-pmiserver" option of mpiexec (mpiexec -pmiserver 2 => Starts an instance of SMPD - the port/kvs/domain values are printed out - and you can launch your MPI processes with the provided PMI environment. I set PMI_SIZE, PMI_RANK, PMI_KVS, PMI_DOMAIN, PMI_PORT, PMI_ROOT_PORT, PMI_HOST, PMI_ROOT_HOST env).
 Let us know if it works for you.
Regards,
Jayesh

(PS: When connecting to the process manager the default values of the kvs won't work.)