[mpich-discuss] PLFS ADIO layer

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 8 16:57:28 CST 2010

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 12:44:15PM -0700, John Bent wrote:
> All,
>
> At LANL, we have developed an ADIO layer for PLFS
> (http://institutes.lanl.gov/plfs/plfs.pdf).
>
> We'd like to get it into ROMIO proper.  How can we go about doing this?

Hi John.

- run the romio test suite and ensure all tests pass.  This is easy:
  it's just romio/tests/runtests -fname=<whatever>

- Prepare a patch against either MPICH2's SVN or the MPICH2-1.3a1
  pre-release

- Post that patch here, and someone (probably me) will grill you about
  it.

- Commit to testing and supporting the driver in the future: we don't
  have handy access to a PLFS volume.

==rob

--
Rob Latham