[mpich-discuss] changing default from MPI to MPICH

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 18 14:01:21 CDT 2010

One decent option is to just build and install MPICH2 in some location that comes earlier in your PATH than /usr/bin.  I use a Mac for my laptop and this is what I do.

You can get an old-ish version of MPICH2 (1.0.8) via macports: http://mpich2.darwinports.com/

If you explicitly want to disable Open MPI, then you could move the various utilities (mpicc, mpiexec, etc) from /usr/bin/foo to /usr/bin/foo.disabled.  You'll of course need root privileges to do this.

-Dave