[mpich-discuss] Executing MPI in 32-bit and 64-bit CPUs

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 16 09:16:20 CDT 2010

Hi,
 MPICH2 currently does not support heterogeneous systems with different data representations (You cannot run your MPI job across 32-bit and 64-bit machines). If you want to run your MPI job across heterogeneous systems you might have to consider using MPICH-1 (this version is years old and available at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpi/mpich1-old/).

Regards,
Jayesh